Absences and exemptions


In the event of absence, you must notify the office of the relevant (Senior) Head of Year.

On their return to school, pupils must present to the office of the (Senior) Head of Year a note dated and signed by their parents or legal guardian in their carnet de liaison (parent-teacher correspondence book), as well as a doctor’s note for any absence of more than two days.

Permission for special absences

Permission from the General Commissioner in charge of Education, Youth and Sport must be sought at least 15 days in advance for any planned special absence.
See the factsheet: "How to request permission for a special absence".

Exemption from sports activities

In the event that your child needs to be fully or partially exempted from physical and sports education, a doctor’s note must be supplied. This will not exempt your child from the requirement to be in school.

Download form to be completed by your doctor (French only):